Coastal Mendocino Pain Relief Fort Bragg
Acupuncture for Pain Relief
Are you one of the millions of individuals who suffer from pain every day? You can have your life back! Recognized by top hospitals around the world, Acupuncture is considered one of the most effective non-drug treatments for muscle, joint, and nerve pain.
Acupuncture is effective: Many studies have shown acupuncture treatment to be as effective or more so than drugs at relieving certain types of pain. Low back pain is, in fact the #1 reason that people in the United States seek the help of an acupuncturist. Low back pain is often accompanied by pain affecting the sciatic nerve. This painful condition is the #1 problem that we treat in our clinic. In addition to low back pain and sciatica, we also treat joint pain, nerve pain, muscular pain, headache and migraine, menstrual pains, and more.
Acupuncture is safe: Unlike drug treatment, surgery, and nerve block injections, acupuncture treatment is low risk and has nearly zero side-effect. While thousands of deaths and addictions continue to occur each year from the use of narcotics, acupuncture treatment is non-addictive, and gets to the root of the problem, rather than covering it up.
Acupuncture is holistic (it works WITH your body):
Pain is the body's way of telling us that something is wrong. When we take a "pain killing" medication, we are literally silencing the messenger. This approach only covers up the problem for a short while (often just a few hours). Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine aims to find the root of the problem and treat the whole body in order to effect change. Pain is often due to a lack of blood flow, inflammation, or a problem within the nervous system itself (like a pinched nerve or neuropathy). Rather than "killing" the messenger, acupuncture treats the whole body because:
- Acupuncture Regulates Blood Flow - helping the body send blood to targeted problem areas
- Red blood cells carry oxygen and nutrient to help the body create new tissue and heal.
- White blood cells help reduce inflammation.
- Acupuncture Regulates the Nervous System
- Our nervous system is an electrical system. Acupuncture helps to facilitate movement.
- Acupuncture Regulates Certain Processes Within the Endocrine System
- This has an effect on certain hormones.
- Acupuncture Stimulates the Body's Own Natural Pain Relieving Chemicals
- Most people feel very relaxed during and after acupuncture treatment. By helping the body relax, the body is better able to heal.
In addition to acupuncture our Coastal Mendocino Acupuncturist Fort Bragg, Jason Moore, L.Ac. incorporates many other aspects of Chinese Medicine to treat pain, including cupping, gua sha, and herbal remedies. He has been a student and practitioner of Chinese Medicine for over a decade and is dedicated to helping you find health and happiness. Jason is a pain management specialist and he is ready to serve your needs.
Call (707) 964-1111 today!