Acupuncture - Natural Pain Relief!
Are you one of the millions of people who suffers from pain every day? You can have your life back! Recognized by top hospitals and researchers around the world, acupuncture is considered one of the most effective non-drug treatments for back pain, muscle pain, joint pain, nerve pain, and many other issues.
Acupuncture is effective:
- Many research studies have shown acupuncture to be as effective or more effective than pharmaceutical drugs for relieving pain. This is especially true for the treatment of low back pain. In fact, more people visit acupuncturists for low back pain in the United States than for any other type of problem.
- One of the most common conditions our Fort Bragg acupuncturist (Jason Moore, L.Ac.) treats at Coast Family Acupuncture is low back pain.
- Often times people with low back pain also have a problem affecting their sciatic nerve. Research studies at hospitals around the world have shown acupuncture to be an effective treatment for sciatica.
- In addition to low back pain and sciatica we also treat joint pain, nerve pain (neuropathy), muscular pain, headache and migraine, symptoms of menopause, menstrual pains, digestive disorders, insomnia, and more.
Acupuncture is safe:
- Unlike drug treatments, surgery, and nerve block injections, acupuncture treatment is very low risk and has nearly zero side-effect. While thousands of deaths and addictions continue to occur each year from the use of pain medication, acupuncture treatment is non-addictive and gets to the root of the problem rather than just covering it up. It is for these reasons that top hospitals around the world, including the U.S. military and many Ivy League medical schools have turned to acupuncture for treating pain.
Acupuncture is holistic (it works WITH your body):
- Pain is the body's way of telling us that something is wrong. When we take a "pain killing" medication, we are merely silencing the messenger. This approach only covers up the problem for a short while (often just a few hours).
- Acupuncture targets the root of the problem and treats the whole body. Pain is often due to a shortened (tight) muscle, a lack of blood flow, inflammation, or a problem within the nervous system itself (like a pinched nerve). Rather than "killing" the messenger, acupuncture treats the whole body.
- Acupuncture Regulates Blood Flow
- This helps the body send blood to targeted problem areas.
- Red blood cells carry oxygen and nutrients to help the body create new tissue and heal.
- White blood cells help reduce inflammation.
- Acupuncture Regulates the Nervous System
- Our nervous system is an electrical system. Acupuncture works by stimulating this system to help the body heal. Even in severe cases where nerve damage has occurred, acupuncture can help the nerves create new connections healthy / functioning nerve cells.
- Acupuncture has Effects on the Endocrine System
- Hormone regulation
- Acupuncture Stimulates the Body's Own Natural Pain Relieving Chemicals
- When we place a needle in the body pain relieving chemicals (called endogenous opioids) are released into the blood stream.
- Most people feel very relaxed during and after acupuncture treatment. By helping the body relax, the body is better able to heal.
Although most people find us because they are searching for a Fort Bragg acupuncturist, acupuncture is only one component of the time-tested system of Chinese Medicine.
In addition to acupuncture our Fort Bragg acupuncturist (Jason Moore, L.Ac.) incorporates many other aspects of Chinese Medicine into his treatments
Other Chinese Medicine therapies available include:
- Herbal Remedies
- Motor Point Treatment
- Diet Therapy
- Lifestyle Coaching
Jason Moore has been a student and practitioner of Chinese Medicine for over a decade and is dedicated to helping you find and maintain health, naturally.
Jason is a holistic health and pain management specialist and he is ready to serve your needs.
Call (707) 964-1111 today!